Monday, August 1, 2011

It's a PERFECT Day... OUAS

How do you begin to describe a perfect day let alone scrap it? I really had to think about this one.

I think there are perfect moments that you want to hold to so tightly they take your breath away.
Like the first moment you catch a glimpse of that screaming, precious face thrust into your arms, or that time you feel your heart jump a beat in love ...but a whole day?

Here's the lastest sketch over at Once Upon a Sketch from the lovely Nadia. We'd love to see you join in the challenge. Some fabulous prizes to be won too.
                                               AUGUST 1st CHALLENGE


Journalling Criteria: Finish this line "A PERFECT DAY IS....." . Your journalling has to be at least 2 lines long, and with the theme of a whatever a perfect day for you is or a perfect day that you have had already e.g. a birthday, a holiday, a childhood memory, a wedding day, graduation day etc. Your journalling can be ANY type : handwritten, typed, etc...

You MUST combine our journalling criteria with this sketch...



...and my take on it

That's when I thought hmmm... isn't it all THOSE moments that make up the perfect day.

Journalling: How do you capture a perfect day?


                                                It's the feel of the warm sun against your face.
                                                The sound of a child's laughter ringing in the air.
                                              The taste of hot baked bread fresh from the oven
                                        The soft, sweet smell of a new born baby sleeping in your arms.
                                           The sight of a glowing, red sunset, lighting the night sky.
                                                              And knowing
                                                                       you are
                                                                              loved.

It's a bit bright and in your face with colour. lol.
 I just love this pic of Sienna. It was a cool day. She's a funny bird, she always dresses like it's summer even in winter, lol.
The sun came out from behind the clouds and was warming her face. So she started dancing.
So beautiful, so spontaneous, so joyful... ahhhh to be a child again.

And some close ups.

The fence is from Flourish with a Bling http://www.flourishwithabling.com.au/store/ . I cut it up and added it in two sections on either side of my page. I used a black marker to out line the stitching on it.

A funny story about that black netting. I went out to dh's shed. Not something I do often for fear I'll never come back. On the floor was a huge roll of lightweight mesh. I figured he wouldn't miss just a little.lol

I do love birds and use them often on my los... and my blog lol.


The blooms are all handmade. Some are mine and some from a dear friend Pauline.

Ok so some of you asked for details on the background. Here it is before I started adding all the extras.
It was an old Fancy Pants pp that I had in my stash. Using a pp that has a distinctive patterns makes a great backdrop when you add paint, textured paint, gesso and other mediums. 
I added some masking with mists over the paintwork.

Next time I promise I'll show it in steps.

Thanks again as always for coming to visit and your kind thoughts.
I try and visit you too but I'm having some computer problems. It's called children playing on websites that pick up too much spam.
Have a lovely week.
Jenix

22 comments:

  1. wow Jeni...this is just gorgeous, love all the textures and your flowers are amazing!!!!!!1 love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers, Jeni, this is as gorgeous as can be! Your work with all the mixed media is simply incredible! And I love that happy photo of Sienna and the journaling too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMgosh Jeni! This is soo fabulous...the art is incredible...the flowers are GORGEOUS!! Love the netting and fence..wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. HI.. this is amazing... absolutely amazing.. so many details to look at and the photo really captures a perfect moment that is for sure...thanks for the hints on the background paper.. i have some papers that i have had for years and i look at them and wonder what mental state i was in when i bought them.. but haven't been able to toss them out.. now i know what to do.. just cover them with paint and stuff!!haha.. wow you are so talented.. thanks for inspiring us all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeni this is just so so fabulous. The colors blend in so beautifully on that background and then with all of the other elements like your photo and flowers. Wow, this is beautiful and yep, step by step pleeeeeeeease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Jenni ... love all the layers here .. the paint the colours and all the embellies ... beautiful work ... so inspiring .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeni, you know I really LOVE this page!!! I love the blooms, you did a wonderful job and so did Paulien, she's so sweet!!! And your birds are always a welcome addition!!!! Loving all the misting and masking you're doing lately, it's amazing, brought your pages alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, you are such an artist! I love your take on the sketch! It`s so perfect and soooooooo beautiful! Congrats once again......I`m so happy to share a DT with you again! Hugs ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes I know that computer problem well & have it myself LOL...keeps me offline for days at a time...lurvely...well this layout is just a masterpiece Jeni - full of wondrous detail & the love you poured into it just shines through in abundance. As for that mesh - I'm going to the hardware store tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO! Love how you create all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the wonderful photos of the background paper you did. This is my first time doing a challenge and your layout was so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning layout! Love the beautiful rich colours and the texture is just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking...the photo of Sienna is incredible! Amazing that you captured that moment with your camera and then transported that vision and feeling onto your page. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS this is just STUNNING!!! I love your work so much! The background looks amazing and yes I would love to see a step by step sometime and I can't believe those flowers are handmade...they are so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for the inspiration :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The background effect looks fantastic!!! I would love to see any tutorial from you! You are so talented! TFS
    Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Absolutely beautiful! I love how you created your background along with your beautiful embellies. Your journaling is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear friend how amazing work here ..I am just back from vacation and happy to go back to blogging ..and WOW what a stunning inspiration !!
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you did with the mixed madia. Your picture is lovely too.I love the colours you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello there! I am your newest follower. I have enjoyed browsing your fabulous blog & wonderful creations. Your attention to detail, layers, colors and techniques are simply stunning!
    I am sure I will be back to visit again.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job with the mixed mediums. Luv the bright colours Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Jeni, just wanted to let you know I have an award for you awaiting your retrieval on my blog.
    I hope when you get a chance you come over to grab it.
    The post is set for tomorrow, Wednesday, 8-31-11 in the U.S.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete